What We Do
KBHAC is committed to empowering positive, healthy peer support models that enable greater inclusion in community life.
These models address the rebuilding and strengthening of identity and family structures.
We provide tailored services to KBH survivors and their families, referral support for other Stolen Generations survivors and their families and also support the broader community through our Ability Links NSW service and NDIS Registered Services.
All of our services are strengths based, culturally safe and trauma informed.
Our team can assist with:
- Supporting KBH Survivors and Families Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Supporting KBH Survivors and Families with Ageing, Disability and Housing Needs
- Identifying, locating and reconnecting KBH survivors’ descendants with their families
- Supporting access to the National Redress Scheme (for people who have experienced institutionalized child sexual abuse) and referrals to services for support
- Supporting NSW Stolen Generations Survivors to access relevant Stolen Generations Survivor Organisations ((The Children of the Bomaderry Aboriginal Children’s Home Incorporated, Coota Girls Aboriginal Corporation, The Stolen Generations Council of NSW / ACT and Link Up NSW) other NSW Stolen Generations Services (Link Up NSW, Wattle Place) and services/ programs operating in NSW and Interstate